Anonymous said: is jerry only jr officialy in misfits or wa??
Still no official word or anything. They played at the Snowboard on the Block Festival in Colorado a few days ago though, if he was up on stage with them for that then I’m guessing it’s probably a yes (at least as a touring member). If a follower was there than I’d like to hear about it.
I wish Doyle had just kept “Paul” as his stage name.
"Who’s that humongous guy punching his guitar?"
"Oh that’s Paul."
"Hey dude I heard this really killer thrash/punk album called "Abominator", it’s by a band called Paul."
Anonymous said: Actually Doyle's solo band has 2 albums ready (or just finishing one) also he and Danzig have spoken recently, in fact they are even on good terms with Doyle playing misfits songs with him on Danzig's 25 year anniversary tour. I think last year before all the lawsuits that have recently happened, he (doyle) claimed he wanted to try to get Glenn and Jerry to at least talk to each other. Sorry just wanted to say lol.
He said in the interview I cited in my last post that he had not spoken to Danzig lately. It was meant more as a passing remark than saying he doesn’t want to work with him any more. I should have been clearer, it just means no collaboration with Danzig in the near future, including playing Misfits songs with him. They will probably do Danzig and Doyle stuff later on after Doyle’s current tour is over.
A reunion of a previous Misfits lineup still seems unlikely for a few reasons:
- The current Misfits have said that they already have material for a follow-up to the Devil’s Rain, and that they plan to record (and probably release it) next year. Jerry Only is going to want to tour with that material. If a previous member of the Misfits were to join them they would not want to tour promoting an album they had no part in creating.
- If Jerry Only’s son is now a permanent member of the band and his performance with them at the GWAR-B-Q was not just a one-off appearance, the Misfits now have two guitarists, neither of which Jerry Only is likely to want to push out of the band. There isn’t any room for Doyle to join them, currently.
- Dr. Chud and Robo are unlikely to ever be involved with any more Misfits-related projects. Michale Graves and Doyle both do not like Chud, and Jerry Only has likely not even spoken to him since 2000. Robo has too much trouble getting visas as a Columbian to make him a potential player in a future reunion lineup.
- Doyle and Danzig have not spoken any time in the recent past, putting any future collaboration between them into question.
- Doyle (the band) has a new album in the works and they are also probably going to want to tour with it.
- Michale Graves is involved in multiple other projects right now and in recent interviews has not expressed any optimism about rejoining the Misfits.
Doyle, in an August 27th response to a question asking whether he had been in contact with Jerry Only recently, indicating that the two may have have recently spoken again for the first time in over a decade.
Anonymous said: Wien? Sprechen sie Deutsch?
Nicht fließend, aber ich kann versuchen, wenn sie nicht Englisch sprechen können.